Do you need estate planning legal advice in the Rolling Hills Estates area? If so, you may whish to schedule a consultation with the experienced Rolling Hills Estates estate planning attorney Susan B. Geffen. Believe it or not, many Rolling Hills Estates residents do not have adequate estate planning measures in place to protect their assets or preserve a secure future for their loved ones. Of course, estate planning is not just for those with rambling estates on Roxbury Drive. Every person needs an estate plan, regardless of their financial or socioeconomic status.
Susan B. Geffen is a Rolling Hills Estates estate planning attorney who can help individuals design a more secure future for themselves and their loved ones with sound, effective estate planning. Don’t avoid or ignore estate planning because you think you don’t own enough, you’re not old enough or because you just don’t want to think about the future. Ask yourself these questions:
- What happens to your checking and savings account when you die?
- Who receives the benefits from your life insurance policy?
- Who gets your car, truck, boat, RV or other vehicles?
- What happens to your home when you die?
- Who cares for your children if something happens to you?
Without a legally established estate plan in place, all these assets and concerns are left up in the air. If the unexpected happens and you become incapacitated or pass away, the future is uncertain for your loved ones. They are left to fight just to get what they deserve; and they may still not receive anything.
Don’t place this incredible burden on your loved ones. Preserve your wishes and your assets with sound estate planning. Susan B. Geffen, Rolling Hills Estates estate planning attorney, can provide valuable assistance with information, recommendations and the legal services you need to formulate a sound estate plan.
What is Estate Planning?
Estate planning is the process of creating a comprehensive plan that records your final wishes and preserves your assets for your loved ones. Susan provides with a wide array of estate planning services to protect your assets from excessive taxation or creditors and help you plan for the future. The basic components of estate planning typically include:
- Asset protection trusts
- Medi-Cal Planning
- Long-term Care Planning
- Asset Protection
- Business Succession Planning
- Trust Administration
- Tax Planning
- VA Benefits Assistance
- Advance Health Care Directives
After creating your will, your estate plan will also include different means for preserving and protecting your assets. This includes different measures to guard them from heavy taxation, providing ongoing income for you and your loved ones, guaranteeing the availability of assets when they are needed and more. Susan Geffen is an experienced Rolling Hills Estates estate planning attorney who will guide you in examining every aspect of your life situation in order to build a solid estate plan that is tailored to your specific needs and wishes.
What Happens to Those Without an Estate Plan in California?
Rolling Hills Estates residents and others in California who do not have a legal estate plan in place are placing their assets and their family’s future under the control of strangers. The State of California probate courts are charged with handling your assets and other concerns if no estate plan is found. How will this affect you and your loved ones?
- Mental or Physical Disability – If you become mentally or physically incapacitated and cannot manage your own affairs, the probate court handles your affairs, including the distribution of assets and the care of any minor children.
- Death – If you die without an estate plan, your assets will be distributed according to the probate laws of California. This means that your spouse and children will not receive what they should from your estate. It can also appoint a guardian for your children if no other parent is living.
Don’t leave the vital decisions concerning your affairs and loved ones to strangers in the courts! If you live in or around Rolling Hills Estates, contact Susan B. Geffen today at 800-285-2659 to arrange a confidential consultation. Susan is glad to help you plan for the future, regardless of the size of your estate.